Up to 90% of submissions disqualify themselves by querying incorrectly.
Congratulations, you’re ready to submit your work to agents and publishers! There are exciting times ahead but before you press send on that email you need to make sure you’re making the most of this ONE chance you might have to make an impact.
Manuscript submission is one of the most crucial stages in the writers’ journey so it’s vital you get your submission package top-notch before sending it out.
Not only do you need to know that each submission is packaged according to the guidelines of that publisher or agent, you also must make sure your package is presented just right. That means you should have a compelling cover letter; perfectly formed, readable and intriguing chapters that capture a reader’s attention; and a biography and synopsis that command respect.
An agent or publisher can receive anywhere from 5- 50 submissions daily, for some of the bigger houses that number may be even larger. Your task, when you’re ready to submit, is to give your work the highest possible chance of success. It must be polished and precise, refined and exactly what they ask for.
TLP’s Manuscript Submission Assessment service helps writers’ begin the approach to agents and publisher in the right way. We’ll review your submission package thoroughly with your market in mind and issue you with a report full of guidelines and advice to help make it more appealing to those in the industry.
The Submission Assessment report will deliver frank and practical advice on:
- your synopsis: and how to make it attention-grabbing and appealing so that an agent or publisher will want to read on
- your cover letter: top tips and dos and don’ts to keep you from the dreaded slush pile. When it comes to submissions, agents and editors are so inundated with mss that they are looking for reasons to dismiss them
- your early sample chapters; the one chance you have to impress. We’ll advise you on everything from language and grammar to character, plot, pace, tone of voice, storyline, genre, subject matter, sentence structure and anything else we feel we can help with.
- Next steps: what to do now, advice and guidance on suitable agents and publishers that may fit your work and any outstanding things the consultant thinks you should do to help you get to where you want to be.
- Submission Assessment cost is €235 is based on a two-page synopsis, one-page biography, one-page cover letter and three chapters comprising less than 12,000 words.
- Please ensure your pages are typeset in 12pt arial or similar font with double spacing throughout and page numbers included.
- Once payment is made you will receive an auto-reply confirming safe receipt of your payment and document.
- Within five (working) days your work will have been assessed and matched to a suitable TLP Consultant and you will receive an email with details of the timeline for completion.
- If your submission package doesn’t fit into the format specified above for pricing please contact us directly for a quote.
- Please click here to review the terms and conditions before making a purchase.
How To Buy
Complete the form below, upload your documents via our secure server and click submit to be taken to a secure Paypal link to complete your purchase.