The scariest moment is always just before you start.
Stephen King, On Writing
If you’re a writer with a half-formed idea or have a book completed but you’re not sure what to do or where to go next then our range of consultancy services will help. If getting published is your goal then you need to ensure your book is the best book it can be, that’s where we can help you.
We offer a range of services to writers that will provide the right kind of advice, information, guidance and recommendations they might need to progress their project to the next stage. Whether you want to flesh out the germ of an idea that needs fleshing out, ask questions about publishing and how to get your work in print or ask for an informed expert opinion on whether a half-written book is a viable prospect this service is the answer.
Our one-to-one consultancy services match you up with a TLP consultant who is best positioned to help you with your particular project. Our consultancy sessions are informed by an expert knowledge of what publishers are looking for and what will work in the current market. We will deliver an objective examination of the strengths and weaknesses of your work situated within the genre you write in, the current trends in publishing and the particular treatment you have given your book to help you get to the next level.
- We offer both telephone and 1-2-1 consultations (Please note: 1-2-1 consultations are currently only available in the Greater Dublin region).
- Consultations last between one and two hours and are tailored specifically to you and your work.
- We will match you up with a TLP consultant who is best positioned to help you with your particular project and move you forward to the next stage.
- In order to get the most from your consultation writers should submit the following prior to the appointment:
1. A synopsis of your work and a sample chapter (if you have them ready).
2. A brief list of the key issues, concerns and questions you would like address in your session and
3. A one page outline of where you are with your work; reference any submissions you have already made and who they were sent to, what the responses have been and any applicable information related to where you are in the publishing process.
- Greater Dublin area (1-to-1 consultation): €250.
- All other places (online consultation): €200.
How to Buy
- Complete the form below, upload the relevant documents specified via our secure server and make your Paypal payment online.
- Once we receive your booking we will reply within 5 (working) days to make arrangements for your consultancy session at a time that suits you.
- Please read the Ts and Cs before making a purchase.